Thursday, February 4, 2010

Welcome!

My name is Jiten Merchant….and I am new to this.

Not new to writing, as I used to be drama critic for the Times of India (Bombay) for eight years; and thereafter continued contributing to the paper and elsewhere, as a freelancer.

The theatre (or theater) is only one of my passions; music is another. And all the others are somehow linked to the two --- like opera, musicals, films and the audio/video equipment needed to enjoy them in the home.

Exceptions would be my love of fine-dining and luxury travel --- and though I can appreciate the pleasures of a simple Masala Dosa, I would NEVER tolerate a bad hotel!

Coming from a business family-background but not actively involved in it, I have been fortunate enough to be able to indulge my interests (within reason!) and live the life of a “gentleman-at-large”. During the course of which, I have learned a lot, made my mistakes; and picked-up a few memorable experiences along the way.

A friend, who blogs here as “kolclutter” suggested I should share all of this. Which seemed like a fine idea since I firmly believe no man can live in a vacuum. Though, unfortunately, that has become the norm these days, with almost all personal contact being dictated by agenda. Which is so sad, since the joy of sharing can be attained by something as simple and casual as “shooting the breeze”.

However, that will be the topic for another post. For now, let me welcome you to “my world” and hope this is the start of a beautiful relationship!

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! I'm happy that you have chosen the look I most enjoy looking at. Here's to he start of your new career as a blogger. Loved the elegance of this first post. I know you will post many, many more such elegant entries in the future! So welcome to blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete